Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Toooosday

Kay, so (queso!) I would like to point out a few things.

1. I deleted all the pictures that were archived in my google photos app on my phone, because it was taking up massive amounts of storage (and I wanted to download the Whisper app and didn't have any room) and turns out, that deletes all the pictures from all the blog posts I've ever written! Hey, that would have been a cute notification: "Caution, deleting this may cause some of your blog posts to completely lose meaning since there are now no pictures to go with any of them." Or Not. Cool. Thanks Google, good trick.

2. The Whisper App. I LOVE IT. My sweet Katie love mentioned it to me about a billion years ago, but recently I've been seeing more and more whispers on Pinterest, so I accidentally deleted all of my bloggy pictures and downloaded it and I am having serious amounts of fun. I can post lines of my poetry, get feedback, meet people named Stephano from New Zealand, all sorts of good fun. All anonymously. It's great!

3. Piano Guys are coming to Mid-dessa! yaaaay, September 22nd, I am so excited! (It's a Monday, and it happens to be two Mondays after my cous's super exciting bachelorette party weekend, so I am beginning to thing September could be a great month.)

4. I am looking for people to work on weekends. This led me to spend a couple of hours calling job fairs and employment places, then Leslie talking to the Texas Workforce Commission and then me creating job postings and making flyers. It was great. I love spending my work hours trying to figure out something that isn't actually my job. It's stressful, because my boss apparently thinks I am way cooler than I actually am, but I'm totally not. Because I'm only one person.
This ties into...

5. I love YouTube. Our website optimizer people up North emailed me today to let me know that our web views are peaking and starting to decline, which basically means one thing. Do something new. Our website is blog-based (whatever that means. I like computers, but I haven't started college yet.) and they suggested actually start writing blog posts on the website. Which is cool. I could totally do that. Except my sweet, loving, control freak boss would nix everything I put on there, but will refuse to do it himself. But first, I had to change the layout of the website. Which I managed to do. I was pretty pumped. I haven't gotten past like, step 2, but I'm working on it. I think it's way prettier than the one we had before. BUT I have to figure out how to (1) create a blog tab and (2) make this "Blog" tab actually post my blogs. And, excuse my language, but that shit's hard. I watched about 9 videos on YouTube, and managed to create a page, but I can't figure out where I've sent it, and I'm pretty sure that it's just chilling in Cyber space and still isn't even displaying our blog.

Anywho, today I bought Xiaden a birthday present to give her on her actual birthday since we aren't having her party til a week later. It's a MLP dress and it's super cute, and since we will actually be going to Sheller's son's birthday that evening, it will be colossal amounts of adorable. I also got some cute little bow clips for her unruly mop, since they are going to help tame it AND decorate her (I think they kind of look like curled shiney ribbon) I also bought her a MLP nightdress. All of this in a MLP gift bag. She's looking at the bag, sitting on the table with all this pink paper and Pinkie Pie staring at her, and she's having a countdown in her head. She knows her birthday is Sunday, and she knows today is Tuesday, and she cannot wait for it to be Sunday. Because of that present. Kamden asked me where his "ka-chow present" is. I don't know if I have the heart to break it to the kid that he has another month to wait.

Anywho, I just made plans to set off fireworks this Friday out at my Mema's house, and I'm excited because no one ever let me set off explosives before, so it'll be my first time. It'll probably just me and mom and the kiddos. Mom has invited one of her sweet friends from church, so we might make a party out of it. A little barbeque, a little alcohol, a little exploding prettiness in the sky. It'll be great. Tylor most likely has to work, Kyle is ditching us for his girlfriend, and my aunts and uncles are all preoccupied, which is odd. When I was younger, mema's house was THE place to be on the 4th, since it's far enough out side of city limits that we can explode shizz ;) My mom loves fireworks. The kids love Mema's. I love the thought of setting off fireworks by myself. It should be a GREAT night :)

Anyway, I'm going to shower and hit the hay. Y'all have sweet dreams & let me know what you'll be doing to celebrate Independence Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment