Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Crazy is Showing

Okay, so. One of the biggest parts of my job is sitting down with brides and helping them figure out the musical direction for their wedding, while making them feel stress-free and awesome. I know. Cool, right? This is actually one of my favorite parts of my job. I meet with every single bride we DJ for, and ease them into decisions that they're unsure about while making them feel confident and comfortable. Like, they don't know what song to dance to their dad with? "Here, here are five really good suggestions, this one is my personal favorite and yes we can definitely listen to any of them." Or "you don't know what you want to walk down the aisle to? words or instrumental, okay, listen to this." That's my job. And I LOVE it.

 I feel like it's a pretty good fit, seeing as how I love music and I love helping people. Sometimes, they let me pick and it's like "There's my little fingerprint on your wedding!" And we all leave. Usually, I meet a big jumble of nerves and I bid adieu to a relieved smiling bride. Because for most people, music is a big part. It sets the mood, it tells a story, it can convey messages people can't. Music is awesome in the original definition of the word. I feel privileged that I get to work with these girls so closely, laugh with them, comfort them, encourage them. I also basically plan their wedding schedule out. I put together a complete and comprehensive itinerary, including announcements, then give them a copy and send them on their merry way. It's pretty cool.


 So, as you can imagine, as a DJ and a "planner/helper/music expert" I have my entire wedding planned out already. I have everyone picked out, I have color schemes, time of year, venue, decorator, photography, cake lady, uplighting colors, projections, everything, planned out to the T. And I finally wrote it all down. I posted it on Facebook last week, but I've made some very minor changes to it (which of course will continually happen until the wedding is actually here.)


 So here, take a peak at the wedding that basically only needs the right guy to plug into it.



 Wedding Ceremony & Reception Itinerary 

Date: Spring / DJ: / Venue: Dallas World Aquarium 



NOTE TO DJ: bride is absolutely crazy
Start Time: probably 8 (til midnight)
Bride: Brittany Lindsey                   Maid Of Honor: none
Groom:                                            Best Man:
Photographer: Studio 1401            Planner: Probably Shellie           Colors: turquoise, lavender, gold


Bride's Parents: Alicia Nettles(mom) Carolyn & Bill Jones (Grandparents)
Groom's Parents: .................................................................................................................................................... 


Ceremony: (less than 10 minutes)


Pre-Ceremony: OneRepublic – What You Wanted / Imagine Dragons – Demons / Runner Runner - I Can't Wait / Christina Perri – Arms / Neon Trees – Animal / Tegan & Sara – Closer / Hellogoodbye - Here

Seating Of Parents: Goo Goo Dolls – Come To Me

Entrance of Preacher, Groom, Groomsmen: cont. Come to Me

Bridal Party: Cont. Come to Me

Bride Entrance: Cont. Come to Me

Ceremony: Sand ceremony Lindsey Stirling - We Found Love in a Hopeless Place

Kiss: DJ plays "Kiss The Girl" chorus from Little Mermaid quietly in background.

Recessional: American Authors – Best Day of My Life (Cue to :38)





Reception:


Dinner Music: Piano Guys, Piano Tribute Players, Vitamin String Quartet, Lindsey Stirling, etc.

Announcement: DJ asks all guests to grab a drink and the bridal party will join us shortly.

Entrance: Calvin Harris – Feel So Close (introduce entire bridal party)

Announcement: DJ announces buffet line is open!

Continue Dinner Music: to cake cutting

Cake Cutting: Taylor Swift – Today Was a Fairytale

Toasts: Best Man, Bride & Groom

1st Dance:

Mother/Bride Dance: Jessica Andrews – Who I Am

Mother/Groom Dance:

Anniversary Dance: Frank Sinatra - Call Me Irresponsible

Start Main Dance: 1 hour set to bouquet/garter

Bouquet Toss: Jason DeRulo - Trumpets

Garter Toss:

Continue Dance: to last dance

Announcement: DJ asks all guests to join in for the last dance

Last Dance: Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – Time of My Life

Prep Exit: cake sprinkles! (DJ kicks all guests out for exit, bride and groom have private last dance with photographer)

Private Last Dance: Lee Brice - I Don't Dance

Exit.

End.

Dance:


Musical Direction:  full mix / some rap / a couple cumbias / country & Texas country / all line dances /

Special Requests: R Kelly - Ignition / 50 Cent - In Da Club / Randy Rogers / Aaron Watson / Shania Twain / J Dash – The Wop / DJ Khaled – All I Do Is Win / Lil John – Turn Down for What / Spice Girls – Wannabe / Journey – Don’t Stop Believing / John Michael Montgomery – Sold / Josh Abbott Band - Oh Tonight / Brooks & Dunn (Boot Scootin Boogie, My Maria, Neon Moon) / Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places / George Strait (Anything by George Strait) / Taylor Swift!

 No Plays: Gangnam style / Ylvis - Fox / dubstep / John Legend – All of Me /

No comments:

Post a Comment