Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Schooooool!

Okay, five years ago I was excited to start my senior year and be finished with (high) school forever.
Surpriiiiiiiiise, now I'm excited to go back to school as a freshman. Sort of.
I've been slowly but surely working on the whole college thing. Applying. FAFSA. My TSI. Registering for classes. Now, as far as I can see, I only have a few more things to do.

1. Finalize enrollment in my sign language class. Since my sign language teacher is actually a professor at the SouthWest Collegiate Institute for the Deaf in partnership with Howard College (AKA all the things in Big Spring, not Midland) who will be teaching us via webcam, I had to get approval from a specific professor at MC ( a liaison, if you will) who reserved a space for me during the SWCID/HC ASL class on M/W on MC. But since it's only reserved, I have to get actually registered for it
Did you get all that?


2. Get my ID. This requires me looking as cute as chubbily possible in a tiny plastic card that will define me forever. Or, well, at least while I'm at MC.

3. Parking sticker. I have the paperwork all filled out, I just had to double check my license plate number to make sure that I actually am a genius. I am, just in case you were wondering.

4. Buy a laptop. I have my eyes set on an HP which isn't too expensive but has everything I need. The sneaky sweet greeter lady at Walmart gave me a "Back to School" catalogue thingy that I took because Xia's starting Kindergarten (tear, sniffle sniffle) and surprise, there was a whole page of laptops. I should have known. My mom has offered to lend me hers until post-bachelorette weekend, since all the money I'm saving up right now is going toward the weekend, X's uniforms and possibly books. Which brings us to...

5. wait until August 16th arrives to see if I get a book voucher. As far as I can tell, my sign language book can only be bought in Big Spring, so I will probably have to pay an arm, a leg and my first born (sorry, Xiaden baby) to purchase, but I should get my English and History pretty easily.

And that's that! I'm not at all worried about English, is that crazy? Probably. But I've always done well at writing and reading, so I'm actually excited about it. History I'm a little concerned about, but seeing as I have at least three friends who have taken it, I'm feeling okay about it. Plus Codykins is taking it too, just with a different teacher, so I figure that 4 am Netflix binges can be "teach me about all the Indians the white people oppressed" time. And I cannot contain my excitement for ASL. I wanted to take it in high school, but of course the teacher retired or moved or whatever the year before I moved up. So I took French, which it totally useless unless you want to correct your little cousin's spelling when she's roaming across Europe. Which I generally tried to avoid doing, because I'm not a complete douche.

Anyway, so consider my insistence on taking a class that has nothing to do with my major completely selfish. It's something I've always wanted to do, and so now I'm going to do it. I wish one of my other friends would take it with me so I could talk crap about other people in front of them, but oh well. Maybe I'll make a friend in class and we can practice making fun of random people in Starbucks while studying.


You may wonder why my blogging has picked up in the last week or so. I'm so close to 50 blog posts I can hardly stand it!
So.
I will now be taking suggestions as for what I shall write about in the Freakishly Fantastic Five Oh post.
Laters, baby ;)

B

No comments:

Post a Comment