Monday, March 3, 2014

Suckage


When I started this blog, I told myself that I'd write at least twice a week. I thought about doing it daily, but I knew that was an unattainable goal, especially with wedding season picking up. Then there's the impending doom of starting college in the fall. That may, in fact, be the death of this blog, all my musings. College may crush all time spent tapping away at the ingeniousness that is this blog type thing. Because really, being a single mom with a full time job is time consuming enough. Being a single mom with a full time job and classes with homework? I feel like my death may come as swiftly as the doom of this blog. (Speaking of doom, I have to file my taxes. But I don't want to. Because then, the demon that is the FAFSA will be the next in my line of conquests.)
Anyway, I finally found the time to finish the book Cody lent me on Vday. It was brilliant. One of those books you finish at 3 am on a work night, but you don't care, because you're so sucked into the book that all sense of timing is lost. One of those books that you are so excited about that when major plot revelations occur, you can't help but text someone who's read it going "WHAT?!" It's one of Those. (The Way of Kings by Brian Sanderson. I know it looks super lame, because I thought it was super lame at first, but it's actually amaaaaazing.)
I also shadowed Reed (bossman) on one of his weddings. Because I'm a DJ, but I usually only do little things. Like little kid parties or company Christmas parties where everyone is so smashed they don't even care about what's playing. Those kinds of things. But, Reed has decided that I'm enough of a people person and I know the music and brides well enough that I could do weddings now. He held me off for a long time, I think it's because I have a super dry sense of humor and it rubs people the wrong way. But now I keep my snarky comments and hilarious jokes to myself, and I think he thinks I've changed, but I'm actually exactly the same, but smarter about being the same... If that makes sense. So, my first wedding should be on April 12th. YAY.
Actually, I'm nervous and scared senseless, but the good thing about working in the office is that I actually meet every single bride that comes in. The fact that I'm in charge of assigning DJs and placing everyone helps, too.
Anyway, enough about work and such.
MY BABY IS TURNING ONE IN 15 DAYS.

one of my many pictures of Baby R I shot for her invitations. She's so big.
My mom and two of my aunts may have to abandon her party because of Jesus, but who can blame them for that? (Me. I can. I am unfortunately petty enough to be upset about this.)
Momma wants me to push the time back a couple of hours so everyone can be there, but that would require feeding the masses, and unlike Jesus, I can't turn a loaf of bread and a couple o' fish into a meal. I'd actually have to prepare that nonsense. That's hard. I picked the perfect time on the best day, and I have all the envelopes sealed, addressed and waiting for stamps.
I'm now faced with redoing the invitations, readdressing all the envelopes, and making food to have three very important people present, or let them sing songs of God's praise whilst I am smashing my adorable daughter's face into a princess cake.

Oh, the difficult decisions of birthday parties.
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, which isn't so bueno, since I have less than three weeks to the party, and I have to make preparations, one way, or another.

I'm going to contemplate the ways of life, now.

Until next time, lovers.
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment