Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Know What You're Thinking

And no, I didn't do anything pinterspired with my hair this morning. I put it in a side braid, after I brushed it. I blame this mostly on being at Steffie's house when I woke up (slumber party was a huge success, btw - the kids had a blast, we had a blast too) We watched Frozen and discussed pregnancy and babies and adoption a lot. And our old standby - Harry Potter. Which brings me to my next life changing issue...
I have never ever been on Pottermore. And I know, this may seem like a small thing, but seriously, I always thought I'd be a Ravenclaw, but what if I'm not?? What if I'm a Slytherin, like Steffie? OMG, NO.
I've decided to remedy this soon. But not too soon, because I'm reading two book series at the same time...
the first:



I am an avid reader. No, I'm more than that, I devour books that I find interesting, but OMG these are so good. Ally Condie did such a magnificent job at writing these, I read the first and second books each in less than three hours. I am staring at Reached because I have this wary feeling that someone I love is going to die and I just can't handle that. I'll probably finish it tonight, so I can start on...

the second book of an unwritten 10 book series.

Its the sequel to the one Cody lent me on Valentine's Day. I should have known better, he likes to give me books in unfinished series. It's a trait that makes me homicidal. If I am given a book, I better be able to finish the whole series shortly after. I haven't cracked it open yet, because I was handed it a few hours ago. But I keep looking at it, and thinking about how I need to read it. Now. But. I won't, because tomorrow night, I'm going to watch



which is another book series I highly recommend. (Divergent Trilogy) I find the end of the trilogy lacking, but I suppose that's just life. I actually threw a fit at the end, I was piiiiissed. But I also think it's a good thing, that Veronica Roth is able to get me so emotionally tied into a book series. I am very anxious to see how the movie is interpreted.
Examples of books that were turned into movies.
good:
Hunger Games
Perks of Being a Wallflower
bad:
The Host
Twilight
I am really just hoping Divergent gets filed under good.

Anywho, off to do real work
<3 B.

No comments:

Post a Comment