Friday, March 28, 2014

Senseless.


Let me start out by saying that I was ready to leave work about 5 minutes after I came into work. It has been an incredibly slow day and I am just trudging through it. I've read more articles on celebrities than I'd care to admit. I'm constantly checking Facebook for something interesting to be posted (all my friends are failing me.) I've also went into super creeper mode and magically stalked my ex husband and ex friend's facebooks. I've daydreamed about reading my books this evening. All the while listening to my instrumental station on Pandora.
Then I realized that it was lunch time.
That's how much time is hating me.  But for my lunch break, I went to Target (or Tarjhey, for us classy folk) and bought a shirt and a couple pairs of mom shorts. (The shorts that manage to show most of your leg and still manage to scream "I HAVE KIDS!" to the world. I may feel this way because I am a curvy woman and I am not a fan of the cellulite that shows while I am in teeny teenager shorts that actually look like underwear. I'm a mom, I call them mom shorts.) I'm pretty pumped. I also picked up the kids' Easter shoes (I bought their Easter clothes at Target earlier this week) (I have a Target problem. My office's close proximity to Target does not help my addiction.) Then I came back to work with my yogurt parfait and apple slices (I was too busy shopping to eat, I grabbed them at the Target cafe on my retreat to the car.) and looked over a couple contracts, assigned some people, thought about typing some stuff up, and instead got on Pinterest.
Which, by the way, failed me this morning.


I attempted to curl my hair and apparently my hair was too damp or 7 hours of sleep wasn't long enough, but when I unpinned my hair, I just had still-damp, unattractively wavey hair. I didn't think to take a picture of it this morning, I just brushed it and pulled it into a side ponytail. My hair seems a little unruly and voluminous (okay, okay, frizzy and poofy) because of it. I don't know if it was my fault, or my hair is just the wrong type for this little shindig.

How boring, I know. But I at least wrapped the hair tie in hair, because according to Pinterest, it's the easiest way to spice up a ponytail.
But, as you can see, I don't even have make up on today... that's how much I care.
...
I should have done my make up in the six hours I was being completely useless.
ha. ha. ha.
Oh well.
I'm going to go bug Cody in the back, and hopefully by the time he kicks me out, it'll be time to go home!!!
Have a lovely weekend!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment