Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mad Dash

I feel the need to let you all know that I haven't brushed my hair in a couple of days. This happens often, actually. My hair is pretty straight, so if I wake up in the morning and forget to brush it, no one can tell.
Except yesterday, I was sick. I won't go into details, but I will say that I couldn't stray too far from the bathroom. The kids all had it too, but since their bodies are tiny, they got over it faster than I did. (Brittany Logic. Don't question it.)
so, sick Brittany spent most of the day laying on the couch with sick children, and running to the bathroom. Laying down all day on long hair doesn't make for a pretty thing. Then I showered last night. I turned the water on, undressed, reached for my hairbrush and realize Rhyselle (the birthday girl) carried it off while trying to brush her little bald head earlier. Since I am lazy and still not feeling 100% I just said eff it, and got in the shower, got out and got in bed. This morning, I slept through my first three alarms and then jumped out of bed, threw clothing at my toddlers, got dressed, got a diaper for my sweet monkey baby (she's started grunting and doing weird monkey chatter, like Tarzan) threw her in her carseat, ran out the door, picked up formula, dropped off brother #3 and the babies, and came to work. Well, when I woke up, my hair was wavy and awesome, but by the time I got to work, I looked like I tried to rat my whole head into an afro.... and it was not afro-tastic. I pulled it up and stuck a clip in it and now I'm aware that my pony tail feels like a colony of bees have taken up residence in it. Gross. I guess this is one of those learning moments... I'm 21 and I still have to consciously remind myself to brush my hair. I suck. How is Xia ever going to achieve awesome hair status in high school if I can't even brush mine?
I feel like this is a new year's resolution... in March. Brush my hair every day...
That's kind of weak.
I think that I will change my first quarter resolution to try a different tutorial on Pinterest everyday.
Even if it's just brushing it, because come on. I'm a single mother of three. I get tired and fall asleep at 8pm watching Bones on Netflix. But I will do my best. Maybe even document it ;)

In other news. Rhys turned one yesterday and the poor baby was sickly all day. She did, however, get to eat a cupcake, by herself, which she loved... Until I stuck her in the bathtub. Poor (not really) baby. She just hates bath time. I don't know why, but she just hates it. But I think overall, her birthday was pretty okay. We watched a lot of my little pony and I didn't try to convince her to eat real people food for a whole day. I think she'd rate it as a win based on that fact alone.

Well, I've successfully spent the last ten minutes of my work day writing this. Now it's off to pick up my chillun, brush my hair, and pack for a slumber party at my loser best friend's. (Her husband left her alone for a few days for work stuff, so we're going to keep her and her little monster some company. Too bad she's preggo and can't drink or it'd be a real slumber party.

Party on, little animals.
-B

1 comment:

  1. I meant to post this yesterday... But it got stuck as a draft, dang it.

    ReplyDelete