Friday, March 21, 2014

Packed Car and Impatient Brittany

It's Friday, which means I can go watch Divergent tonight, and since I want to go watch it, I can't help but count down. Like... right now it's 11 hours and 15 minutes. I'm not excited or anything ;) I intend to pick my children up from daycare, run to Little Ceasar's and pick up a few five dollar pizzas, then go to Dollar Tree and grab drinks and chips and things. I packed the car this morning, so we'll go straight to the drive in. Because I want a good spot and it's the first showing of Divergent, so the screen will sell out. I'm not going to sit in line all day to get turned away... or watch Mr. Peabody and Sherman/The Lego Movie... again. The kids would probably like it better than Divergent/300 Rising (or whatever, I call it 300 2) but I'm pretty insistent on watching Divergent. My baby cousin and her beau may be joining us (I say baby cousin, she's old enough to drive and have a boyfriend who's a year younger than I am) and my ginger brother (we can call him Kyle, but he's already stolen my soul, so I call him the Ginger. Feel free to join me) if he gets off work on time. After Friday is over, it's Saturday, which means I'm DJing my first wedding reception by myself. I mean, I've DJ'd other receptions, but with supervision, and I've done loads of parties, but this is my first actual wedding reception, and I'm slightly nervous, but I'm sure I'll be alright. Sunday means Rhyssie's birthday party! I've been toting around pink princess decorations in my car for a week, that's how excited I am! :D Of course, I'll be tired from DJing on Saturday night, and stressed just because that's how throwing birthday parties is. But she'll have fun :)

AND NOW... on to other news!
I did this to my hair. Kind of.
I didn't have a big enough sock and my hair is too long... Plus I was rushed and didn't have time or patience to figure out the braid part of this so my hair looks like a weird donut/birds nest.
But hey, pinspired, so I think it counts. And I got close. I can already tell you that there will be some disasters coming soon if I try all the hair styles I pin. I'm not awesome, I can't even french braid my own hair, and I can barely french braid anyone else's. Or Waterfall braid. Or fishbones. Or curl my hair with a straightener. Really, this will be an interesting journey for me to go on, since, well, my idea of doing my hair has always been ponytail. But here, be pinspired.
Feel free to share your magnificent successes or devastating mishaps from ideas off Pinterest, I am interested to see how this plays out. Email me your pictures & stories herrrre ;)

Anywho, I'm going to go pretend I'm working.

2 comments:

  1. Me likey the hair! I think your way looks better! Her's is kind of really big and alien-esque.

    I can teach you to curl your hair with a flat iron annnnnnnnnnnny time! I'm hopeless with braids though. You'll have to just get your mom to do that forever, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, well I'm glad my hair doesn't look alien-esque(;
    I might have to take you up on that curling thing, too, after I fail my pinterest tutorial, lol!

    ReplyDelete