Friday, May 23, 2014

I MADE A MISTAKE.

I asked people what they wanted to read on this awesome thing. So. Now. I. Have. So. Many. Ideas. And. I. Have. To. Prioritize. OMG.
My brain may explode soon. I had comments, texts, pins and phone calls about blog post ideas.

So, I do what I always do when I am overwhelmed.
I shut down and take a nap.
But not really, I can't sleep at work. I like to not be fired.

So, I'm going to tell you about my week, kay?

Monday: I honestly cannot remember that far back. I just checked my time sheet and I didn't have lunch, and no one came to love me. I met up with Shayne briefly, and I do mean briefly, like five whole minutes, so he could give me the kids' insurance cards. After that, I didn't have anything to do except talk to Steffie about the weekend, because it's sweet & LOH's babyshower on Saturday.

Tuesday: Work work work. Tons of meetings, for real though. Then I got a call from daycare that said Kam was making bad choices (aka, the little shit threw a step stool at his teacher because he didn't want to wash his hands after he finished peeing. WHY.) and that he needed to be picked up for the day, so he got to spend the day with Mema (which isn't a punishment. not at all. Mema loves her grandbabies and greatgrandbabies too too too much to even frown at them for too long - she'll get her own blog post sooner or later. Just know that I basically picked up Kamden for being a terrible toddler and sent him to his personal version of Disney Land. He got mema to himself, and have fun and not be at school.  IF only I could have taken off work. That little heathen would have been in three year old jail. Everyone kept laughing when I said he got kicked out of daycare. Like, who does that??? He's gonna be kicked out of kindergarten next year!!) After we did that little adventure, Shelly and I went to lunch and were surprised by Steffie's appearance. We drank really awful and cheap wine and ate delicious pizza and salads at Palio's. I love Palio's. (Don't tell my boss, but hey, my kid got kicked out of daycare, I think it's a valid reason to have one glass of wine during the day.) Worked some more, talked more with the Steffie. I stayed up and made signs for all the baby shower things. They are tres cute. I'll post them Monday.

Wednesday: Since Shelly and I didn't have #AdventureTimeTuesday (every Tuesday we eat at a place we haven't been. Which is surprisingly a lot, and it's crazy because we've lived here forever) we went to lunch at MD's Pizza, because my crazy aunt said it was delish (we saw a bug crawl into the kitchen and were super paranoid the rest of the time. I had a mysterious black substance on my otherwise normal (and super greasy) pepperoni pizza and I just couldn't. The salad was okay, and the ranch was too runny. We labeled it a fail. That didn't keep my crazy aunt from going there the same day. I think I paranoid her too.) And went to Hobby Lobby to find stuffs for cupcake making for said baby shower, realized we were clueless and some nice lady kept helping us. Sweeeeeet.

Thursday: super boring day at work, but I left my phone at home (OMG) So I ran home during lunch and dropped off Xia's kindergarten enrollment stuff at her almost-new school, then grabbed Arby's and ate it in my car. Work work work, pick up children from daycare, have a hilarious conversation with Xiaden, home, feed children, read books, watch MLP, get everyone in bed, and then I had to go shopping with Steffie and Kelli to buy supplies for said baby shower. DollarTree, Target and Walmart were involved. At one point there were white girl selfies and Starbucks, not to mention a running pregnant lady and a wrapping paper sword fight - Kelli disowned us.
That endeavor lasted til past Eleven.

Friday: Woke up late, still made it in to work early (it's a personal win for me.) I have no lunch plans, so I'm going to Hobby Lobby again. Mwahahaha. So after work, I get to pick up children, take them home, feed them, change and go back to work, at a venue this time, to train a new girl for two hours. After that's all done, I have to change, go to Shelly's, decorate cupcakes and get everything we can ready for shower tomorrow.

I'm going to look into the future now.

Saturday: get up ridiculously early. Buy balloons filled with helium. Go to the hotel, get tables clothed, set out bowls and such, scatter candy around, change, get made up, pretty and such, then host a baby shower, complete with ridiculous games and such. Clean up, maybe work, maybe get drinks with Shelly, sleep until Monday.

Sunday: JK I have kids, I can't sleep until Monday. We'll probably veg and watch my little pony and order pizza.

Yeah.
I know. I live an exciting life.
But really though, I want a nap.

I promise, I will talk about cooler stuff next time :)
-Bertney.

No comments:

Post a Comment