Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Face in a Bag

Hey y'all!
So, my mom didn't use much make up and neither did her mom, which basically means that little Brittany watched a youtube video on how to put eyeliner on correctly back in the 9th grade, and that was the extent of my make up regime, until about three years ago when I discovered mascara, and my miraculous break through about a year ago, when I fell in love with bright red lipstick.
So, since I have great friends, Shelly has been slowly teaching me about all the things.
AKA, when we have a moms night out and head to Rockin' or Grahams, I sit in her bathroom and she makes me pretty while I pay attention to what's going on.
The result is...
Well, I now have a large pencil bag full of make up, and my 20 second make up routine increased exponentially.
So, today class, I will be sharing with you the things that I found that work best with my facial area.

First. I want to tell you that I have tried the whole dry shampoo thing, while being extremely skeptical and I have got to say, OMG ITS BRILLIANT. I have really fine hair, but I have a lot of it. So much hair. And if I go more than 18 hours without a shower, I start getting super shiny and pretty stringy. Not a good look. So, I went to the Walmart and grabbed the first one I saw (uh, because I was super eager to escape Walmart. I should have gone to Target, but I was on the wrong side of town and in a hurry)
I bought the Pantene Dry Shampoo 
I felt a little weird, because I seriously couldn't dismiss the image of me spraying the spray deodorant on my noggin.but hey, it worked brilliantly, I am a firm believer in dry shampoo, however, I will continue actually washing my hair on a triweekly basis.

Next, we're going to go rapid fire.
I picked up all the stuffs at Target during my lunch break after having a brief discussion with a random lady who looked like she knew what she was doing way more than I did.

Revlon photo ready perfecting Primer
it was like, 15 bucks, but it is so worth it. I like not sweating my makeup off my face, so I forked over the money until I can find a suitable DIY version at home.

Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer
It's a pretty great concealer. Especially with me stressin' and awesome zits poppin up all over the place. It's nice. I use my hands for everything so I just kind of dab and smear... I haven't been taught about brushes yet. Stop judging me.

Revlon photo ready airbrush mousse make up (base)
OMG I LOVE IT. It's a mousse. As I'm sure you can infer from the title, but still. I can squirt it into my hand and spead that foamy greatness all over my face and it is evenly distributed. SO EASY.

So good. It comes with the brush and everything. For whatever reason, that fact alone pleases me. Usually I just use brown eyeliner. I feel like they're the same thing.

Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Primer
It does a great job of keeping my shadow stuck to my eyelids! Like all day! It's never stayed all day before! YAY for eyeshadow primer. Kind of expensive, though, so I'm also on the hunt for a gooooood DIY replacement.

Maybelline Eye Shadow
Purple does good things for my brown eyes. Really does. This is perfeeeeect. It also has a picture on the back that tells me what goes where. Go Maybelline and the awesome diagrams teaching idiots like me how to correctly layer different shades of eye shadow.

I've already told you about my eyeliner :) So search for it yourself within my bloggy blog blog archives. They're to your right, if you haven't read all of them yet. You should. I'm quite brilliant.


L'Oreal Power Volume (24 hour)(Black) mascara
It makes me have longer and fuller lashes. And Let me tell you, It stays stuck on there for 24+ hours. It's good stuff.
 

My current love of my life. It's so pretty! I am wearing it in my facebook profile, and for those who are creepy and are following my blog from somewhere other than my facebook friends list here I am!
 
I know. Tres cute. And slightly ghosty. I should tan, but I actually hate the sun. Maybe I can pull off the porcelain doll thing... Hm.
(note: this is before I bought all my new makeups. This is actually just eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. all other products will be on my face and posted soon, so you can see me and all my makeupy learny glory. and stuff.)
 

Okay, I don't wear blush, mostly because I am very good at blushing myself. And I can't contour for nothing, so I gave up. I should watch more Jeffree Star. That guy is fabulous.

I could go into detail about my face cleansing routine, but I'm just too lazy to go find pictures and links to everything. Maybe another day.
Stay beautiful, loves!
Brittanyyyy


PS. I just want to point out that I am a saint. Today was Shayneypoo's birthday and I had the kids sing happy birthday to him, recorded it and sent it to him. I am a good person. Also, he cried, so that made me feel better about being a good person, because usually, I want to ship the father of my children to Guatemala or something.
I don't know why I picked Guatemala. But it sounds good, right?
Anyway, happy birthday to my ex husband, and happy Hump day to everyone else :)

1 comment:

  1. You should try the Sonia Kashuk Blush and brozer combo, you just swipe you brush on it and it contours for you. Easy peasy. (other brands sell this option too, but I really like SK)

    ReplyDelete