Friday, May 30, 2014

Harassment

I have a blog stalker disguised as a best friend. Since she is masquerading as my best friend, she hears all of my "I'm going to write a blog post about that!" exclamations.
As a result, I am going to write one about her today.

yes, Steffie Marie, this is all for you.
...and James, I suppose.


SO. As previously stated,  (in my last blog post) I hosted a baby shower this past weekend. Steffie basically told me blue, green, little man, super casual. 

SO.
 Shower invitations. I saw something quite similar to it on the pinterest, then I recreated it. I'm very good at doing that. Recreating. Yep. I'm awesome.

 So, we get to the hotel Steffie rented, and the room we had was not the room we asked for. I mean, technically, it was, but it was supposed to be a quarter of a ballroom, but we got half instead. so, twice the space, twice the EVERYTHING. Tables, chairs, everything. Except People. People were the same. Awesome surprise. 


AKA, Brittany picked up extra table cloths and 50 (yes, 50) balloons.

(the plate table....) (I mentioned they gave us way too many tables, right?)


 food table. Shelly made those cupcakes. Shelly and I frosted them while the Steffie had contractions (WOOHOO!) They were awful. Because of the frosting. In order to get blue and green, Shelly tried a new thing she found, called blue raspberry icing. And mint icing. 
And Oh my Sweet baby Jesus, they were terrible. 
Nearly inedible. 
And since we made them, they probably should have come with a warning label anyway. 
****CAUTION: Fingers WERE licked during the process of producing these cupcakes.


 Drink Table. (soda pop. teeheehee, it had a sign, but you can not see it. Obviously. It's below.)


Steffie wanted fruit kabobs.... She actually just wanted fruit everything. ALL THE THINGS NEED TO BE SWEET AND FRUITY!!!



And poptarts. to go along with POP!

(OK, we also had a popcorn bar with different toppings and such, but everything else was sweet. No pictures, but it was delicious. Shelly had an insider at the movie theater so it was MOVIE THEATER POPCORN. and like, store-bought stuff)

Then there was the onesie decorating table.
 
It was by far the most popular table.

There was also a table called late night diapers. Where we bought a box of size 1 diapers in her diaper of choice, and then encouraged everyone to write encouraging notes on the butts so when Steffie or James are stuck changing Luke's diapers, they are encouraged.
most of them turned out to be funny.
like...
a tiny skull and cross bones that said "argh, change me booty."
and 
"daddy's turn!"
except I forgot to take pictures... whoops.


Of course, there were games of an incredibly wide variety. None were mandatory.
We're not here to torture people. Just entertain them.

Separation Anxiety. 

Basically, you get a pile of M&Ms (we counted out 75 after we suspected cheating the first time around) and six cups.
then you proceed to use one hand to sort the m&ms, one color at a time. all of one color before you can move on to the next. It's a race. Plus, then you get to eat M&Ms!!!


 FAVORITE GAME. 

Okay, so it's called how to make a baby. One person holds a roll of toilet paper between their legs and the other has a plunger (we bought ours at dollar tree. EVERYTHINGS A DOLLAR.) and then you proceed to... well, make a baby. You start at different lines, and have to somehow make it together, without using your hands, get the handle in the hole. Again, no hands. It's hilarious.
Guy on guy action, girl on girl, doggie, I mean, hey. We're pretty flexible here.... ;)

Then, the plungers can be used for other things.

Baby bottle drinking game. 


This took for freaking ever. Word to the wise? DONT FILL THE BOTTLES UP. I don't know how those babies to it, they have magic sucking abilities that I do not. We were there for an uncomfortably long time, and it only ended when someone strait up bit through the baby nipple and drank that nonsense down. I lost. I didn't even care, really. It turned into torture.

We also played the don't say baby game.

I lost. Horribly.
I forgot to take pictures of the prize bags, but they were basically tiny paper bags, about the size of my wallet, with a $5 starbucks gift card & various candy. Chocolate, though. Like, Kisses and Rollos and Reece's. The good stuff. None of that pop stuff.

But, basically, it was a great thing, It was pretty laid back, it had something for everyone, and a lot of good conversations.

Steffie requested that all presents be given unwrapped, because she feels pretty weird about people just watching her open baby presents. There are only so many times you can say "awe!" and "so cute." and "I love it!"
Instead, she said "oh thank you so much!" when people set the things on the table.
easy.


so, that's all I have for today, class. We will be meeting again tomorrow, to discuss my mom's lack of Syfy knowledge, new books I'm reading, my spontaneous new purchase, and the latest updates of my custody agreement.

Til then,
Peace! B.
ps.
all photography by Kelli <3

(if you want printable versions of the things I made, they are all below)
plus, if you want me to make you custom invitations or anything, just let me know ;)



























No comments:

Post a Comment