Wednesday, November 12, 2014

5 Things

Okay, so I haven't written in a week, and I haven't written a 5 things blog in a while, so I'm going to kill birds with one stone.
or ... two ants with one shoe.
Since I can't kill two birds with a shot gun, much less a rock.
That's a silly saying.
Really, someone find me the origins of that saying and comment on here. I need to know.
but I'm too lazy to do the Google.

1. Dafont.com
holy wow, you guys.
I bet you're wondering about what magic I keep finding all these super sexy fonts I've been using for my latest signatures, and guess what? It's dafont.com. It's like.... a toystore. but free. and pretty. and quiet. (if you're wondering, I create all of my magical masterpieces, including my signatures on picmonkey.com)

2. Sign Language.
I am learning so muuuuuuch I love it! I am finally getting sentence structure down, but I can't talk and sign at the same time, because English & ASL's sentence syntax are diiiiiiiiiiifferent. But I just asked my mom if she wanted to go play ball with the dog (fetch) and she said no. So I signed "Bitch" and she flipped me off. It was a lovely time.

3. History Posse
So, I had a small study group studying for the HIST1301 exam last week, and after the exam, I was pretty sure I had passed with like, a high B. You can ask the people I study with. I left the classroom and said "I think I got a high B" and they all kind of freaked out, because the higher my grade is, the higher the classes grade is in general. Well, other people started leaving this magical classroom, and joining up with my little study group, and they all want to study with us, and so now I have a posse. I said it out loud, in front of the teacher, and no one objected. So now I want to get Tshirts made, and wear them to our final.
I think that was shot down, but hey, I have a posse.
(I made a 90 on the test, btw)

4. MOCKINGJAY MOCKINGJAY MOCKINGJAY
I may be a little overly excited about this one, but I've been waiting a year and a freaking half for it, with like, a countdown as soon as the movie premier date was released.
I bought tickets to the very first showing in Midland. I'm taking my mother. I got tickets at cinergy, so our seats are reserved. My unemployed brother will be watching my sleeping children.
I reread the trilogy Sunday.
I have an addiction.

oh, hey, on the subject of movies, we watched Big Hero 6 on Friday and I LOVE IT SO MUCH, OMG.

5. My bed.
why? It cuddles with me every night. It comforts me when I am sad. It holds me and never complains about me falling asleep during the movie. It relaxes me. Comforts me. Keeps my secrets. It's official. I'm in love with my bed. We're going on a honeymoon where all we do is sleep together. The entire time.

5things for you, this lovely Tuesday night/Wednesday morning!


1 comment:

  1. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-it-mean-to-kill-two-birds-with-one-stone.htm

    ReplyDelete