Monday, September 29, 2014

Case of the Mondays

This morning I went to bed at 1 am.
Okay, I actually went to bed at 8pm with an insane migraine, woke up at 11 still with the migraine, so I took a cold shower, popped some ibuprofen, watched Bones with my mother, and ate dinner. (At 12:30 in the morning)

So, when I made it into bed at 1am, I hit it hard.
Imagine my delight when I was woken up a half hour later by a crying feverish baby, who didn't want to sleep, who didn't want to stop crying and who definitely did not want to stay in her bed. So I took the loud, crying, angry child, and put her in bed with me. The loud, crying, angry, tiny little heater box of a human being did not want to lay down. She wanted to sit, and she wanted to stand, and she wanted to yell about it. So I got the angry child tylenol, and then I wrapped her in a bear hug and made her lay down until she fell asleep.
It didn't last for long.
I didn't get much sleep.
And since my baby had a fever, I couldn't take her to daycare. And since I didn't get any sleep, I stayed home with her.
It was a terrible decision.
But I am not regretting it.
Yet.
I'll probably regret it Monday, when I get paid.

C'est la vie.
I tried to use this time at home to study.
But Rhyssie was having none of that.
Rhyssie was having a "you are my mommy and you will not look at that computer and if you try I will climb on top of your chest, smash your boobies, and then kick that laptop off of your lap, so you should not try to do that terrible thing"
so... we watched Grey's Anatomy.
and took a nap.
then watched more Grey's Anatomy.

So, we went to get the other children, and I went to class.
Then, I looked at my grades.
I have a high A in sign.
I have a low A in History (yaaaaaaaay!)
I have a 89 in English.
...
An eighty freaking nine.
I am upset about that.
I don't know why I have an 89.
I fully intend to ask my professor about this tomorrow.
I just got a perfect score on my "my pet is a tiger with a horrid fashion sense" assignment. She left a comment on my grade. It read "excellent!"
I don't work so hard to make up lies for my grades to do excellent and make an 89.
So... That's gonna change.
I fully intend to finish this semester with all As.
Not just passing.
I want to pass well.

Because I am an excellent human being.
Okay, that's a lie.
I am an excellent student.
Which is mostly true.

Wanna hear something really exciting?
I had to write a history paper.
I got the highest grade in my class.
wanna know how I got the highest grade in my class?
I GOT A FREAKING HUNDRED, THAT'S HOW.

yep. I'm feeling pretty awesome. Despite my B.

Anyway.
now that I'm done doing the whole "single mom in college" thing.
I'm going to....
....
...
..
.
Show you random pictures! :D
bachelorette party ;)

can we just take a second here to look at how cute we are?
(AND MY HAIR IS FREAKING LOOOOOONG!)

check it out, homecoming parade!
whoot whoot!
also, I found this dress. I like my dress, I plan on wearing it to work.  But I am now considering wearing it in my cousin's wedding.
Not too sure though. That peep shin is a little odd.

but I do like the top part though. And my hair. I have great hair.

and maybe I'm a little vain.

but I'm going to leave you with my smiling face.
good night my loves ;)
BERT.

2 comments:

  1. You lamer. Love you Bert. BAHAHA I can post anonymously like a ghost -whoooooooooo boooooooooo whoooolooolooooo- those are ghost sounds, I'm haunting your blog

    ReplyDelete