Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week One

Holy Geez, I started school Monday Xiaden started school on Wednesday, and on Tuesday Kam & Rhyssie start a new day care (which I spent all week arranging) and we all survived! We're all alive!
Xiaden is loving every single second of kindergarten. I dropped her off Wednesday and she verbally pushed me out the door (literally, she said "bye mom" about 7 times.) I will answer the very big question though: No I did not cry. I almost did when I called at 3:30 (to make sure Mema picked her up) and she said she had a great day, and I had to breath deeply for a second or two while I was working.
I am taking three classes this semester.
Mondays & Wednesdays I have sign language at 5:30. My professor is communicating over a webcam thing with our whole class, plus a class at another college, plus his class at Howard (in Big Spring) I say communicating because he doesn't talk. Not a word. He's Deaf and he's snarky, and hilarious. I sit next to a girl named Erica (not that we have a seating arrangement or anything, but we both like sitting in the front row, and she had a book the first day, so I made a wise decision. We're cool. Two classes and no one has changed seats.) but it's pretty awesome. I like it.
Tuesdays & Thursdays are my morning classes.
8am. English. My professor is a sweet older lady. I haven't learned a single thing about English though. I actually wouldn't have known what the class is even about if I hadn't gone online and read the syllabus. So far what I have learned is that she went to school in Dallas & has friends all over the world, including but not limited to Korea & Europe. Her daughter is adopted, and got her GED at 16 and is now going to some out of state college. She has a dog & her car is 10 years old. It needs an oil change but she's been putting it off. Her father passed away last week, so she's experiencing grief & empty nest all at the same time. She has been teaching for 32 years, and she hangs out with the president of the college. There's more, but I was bored to death after the first hour of it, no need to fill you in on the near three hours of nonsense I listened to.
9:30am. History. Prof is fantastic, I enjoyed my first lecture, he makes jokes pertaining to the subject and it's lovely. I am in class with a couple of "Early College High School" program (aka, 16 year olds in my classes) and they act like stupid little 16 year olds, making random comments in high school making smart ass comments (just like 16 year old Brittany did) and I accidentally gave one the resting bitch face Thursday.. whoops. She shut up though, so that was cool.

Anywho, since I've devoured all of my recent netflix addictions, I just decided to go ahead and find myself a new one. Lost Girl. I LOVE IT. I have been marathon binging all day. But it's okay, because it's my first day off in two weeks so I deserved it.
The Steffie monster is on the phone with me and I am no longer paying attention to the blog that is you. I love you so much, tiny bloggers!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment