Thursday, June 5, 2014

Horrible, Terrible, No Good Blogger.

I keep promising you things and then not delivering. I promised a week ago to discuss my mom's lack of Syfy knowledge, theh new books I'm reading, my spontaneous new purchase that I'm really pumped about, and the latest updates of my custody agreement.


So. Here we go.
First things first.My mom. Sweet woman, she is. She tries to watch the TV shows I do, she really does. I don't think she's ever made it through an episode of Merlin, Doctor Who, or Sherlock, ever. Despite my begging, and pleading and insisting. Oh well.Steffie sent me this pin.
That's all for now. I'm going to finish this book. I have the Beautiful Creatures waiting for me to read them, courtesy of Cheyenne, Under The Dome by Stephen King via Auntie Ran & Paper Towns by John Green from Steffie, since I like to mutilate my emotions.
Because, well, The Fault in our Stars comes out tomorrow. And I plan on watching it definitely soon. The book made me bawl like a baby, so if you're looking to hate an author for being so good, be sure to find John Green.
Alright, lovers.
PEACE!
B









and she then asked (and by asked, I mean demanded) that my mother do the same. So I did.





This is what happened. I lost it at Washawhatever. I giggled at the fact that she always guessed "Doctor Who" for the ones she didn't know, and it's probably because she can't stand it.
Half the time. I start jabbering excitedly about DW and she's listening intently and trying to be a good person and then she asks me "and what are we talking about." to which I reply "Doctor Who" at which time she tunes out. My entire family does it. My aunt has gotten in the habit of laughing then walking away.
Loving family, they are ;)


NEXT.
i a'm slowly working my way through The Hero of Ages, which I have literally just found out is NOT the last in the Mistborn trilogy, because apparently the Mistborn "Trilogy" has more than three books.
I found this out a few seconds ago when I googled the Hero of Ages to give you the link. AND SURPRISE. I furiously texted Codykins because he lied. THAT LIAR!
Anyway, it's a really good book. So good. I put it down to shower or sleep or whatever I may need to do and then I stare at it for a while because I am quite certain someone is going to die and I want no part in that.

NEXT.
I bought a playstation last week. I did this for a multitude of reasons. One, because Shayne took it, and our TV about a year ago when I asked him to watch the kids. Because he's super mature and awesome about stuff like this. Two, because we lost the back of the bluray remote and the batteries are constantly falling out. Three, because I have multiple ps3 games chilling in my movie case that haunt me. Four, because I deserve it! I constantly buy the kids clothes and shoes and diapers and toys and movies and all the things they want that I can give them, but I've been jonesing for a ps3 since the ex took off with the last one and I just finally did it.
And now I can play Soul Caliber 5 with my brothers/friends and kick all their butts at it because I'm awesome.

LAST.
I got a letter in the mail, yay. I have a court date to get all of this settled and over with, and hopefully start receiving child support. Shayne did a good thing, though, and got the kids insurance without a court order to tell him to (well, it will, when it's ordered. I suppose it was a preemptive move.) So I am skipping work all day on June 17th and going to court, then to the hospital where I will hopefully meet sweet & LOH or entertain his mom until she evicts him. Of course, this is largely dependent on if Steffie can make herself go into labor.
And she is definitely trying. No denying that!

ANYWHO.
my boss's wife's birthday was today, and Leslie and I threw a party for her. Her birds have left the nest for far away cities and she gets lonely, so we told Reed to buy a present and lure her into the office, where our perfect cake, decorations and coordinating presents were waiting for her. I think it lifted her spirits. I hope it did, anyway. I love her. She's way sweeter than her husband. And more intimidating ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment