Monday, June 9, 2014

Crystallize

So I've been really into Lindsey Stirling lately. I do this. I go through phases where I just latch onto one artist or style and listen to them until I hate them. I don't know why I do this, but I do. Let's not question it.
I think I am into her because I constantly am listening to words and they always mean something. They always always always do. They say "I'm happy" or "I'm heartbroken" or "I'm in love."
And I'm tired of hearing these things. I want to feel them. And instrumental lets the listener interpret how they want, one song may sound like giving up to one person, and hope to another. I've been doing a lot of weddings lately. I say a lot, but it's really way less than my coworkers do. But it's more than usual for me as a Brittany, so I will continue to say a lot, because it's my party and I'll cry if I want to.
Anywho, I am always happy for these sweet sweet girls and their grooms, and all of the happy attendees. I'm always super pumped and friendly, and excited for them. I love every minute I am at their wedding. But by the time I get home, I am exhausted. I don't want to love anyone, I don't want to smile, I don't want to do anything except watch Supernatural or Merlin or play SCV. or maybe sleep. I don't know, it's like I save all of the lovey gooey stuff and let it explode at these weddings, and then I run out at the end of the night and hate everything.
Well, not hate. It's more like I just don't care. I don't feel the need to fake smile at every sentence or overly dramatize my facial expressions at every thing happening. I don't know. I feel like I put on a show in every sense of the word. I guess it's part of what makes me good.
But let's face it. I'm a single mom of three children who has started wanting cats. CATS.
I don't even like cats! I am a dog person through through. But I want a cat and I want to name him Alistair and he will be all gray and hate everyone but me.


future cat.

If it makes me sound less crazy, I also want a dog to name Atticus.
But we all know it doesn't make me sound any less crazy.


future dog. He will not eat my future cat.

Anyway, I was going somewhere with the cat thing. I am single. And I'm not really looking to change that, but it doesn't mean I exactly enjoy spending my Saturday nights with newlyweds. I am still a girl. I still want love and cuddling and gooshy stuff to make other people gag.
So, I am listening to a lot of instrumental music that lets me be me without feeling other peoples stuff.. I love everything. Lindsey Stirling, Break of Reality, Piano Guys, Jennifer Thomas, all the quartets (Vitamin String Quartet especially.)
So, you, dear reader, please listen to these things. All the things. Because they're all sexy.

That's all.
:)
<3 B

No comments:

Post a Comment