Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sweet harmonious happiness.

Since I'm in the DJ business, you probably assume that I am obsessed with music and you'd be correct. I love the rhythms, the counter melodies, the lyrics. Music seems to follow me where ever I go and magically matches my mood, so I like to pretend that Music and I are best friends. It's a sentient being, not just something some guy thought up in front of a piano, it evolves and can change someone's mood in an instant, carrying memories. So, that weirdness all being said, let's move on to songs that make me smile and things that, well, pretend to be songs.
The Good Ones

1. A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera - Say SomethingITS SO SAD BUT ITS SO PRETTY. Once, I played this for three hours straight at work. It took Leslie a while to realize it, and then she told me it was depressing. Awesome. listen to it here
2. Timbaland ft. OneRepublic - ApologizeAnd generally, anything by OneRepublic, actually. But Apologize holds woman empowering breakup sentimental value. Basically, after being cheated on, lied to and left by my exhusband, I'd play this one. Loudly. A lot. click here to hear it.
3. Jason Mraz - I Won't Give UpIt's just a great song, I love the dynamics, the harmonizing choir thing in the back ground, the general emotion in the song. LOVE IT. hear it here.
4. George Strait - Check Yes or NoNo good song list is complete without George. And this is one of my favorite songs by him. If this was my Mema's song list, you'd see 10 George Strait songs listed. Check it out
5. Daniel Powter - Bad DayBecause let's face it, we've all been there, and we just need to yell-sing this at the top of our lungs with the car windows down while rocking out and expressing all of your crappy day pent up emotions. Having a bad day? Go sing it here
6. Elton John - Your SongI love the lyrics, I love Elton John. I actually fancy Ellie Goulding's cover of Your Song, too. It's brilliant. Click here for Elton and here for Ellie.
7. Train - 50 Ways To Say GoodbyeTrain is another one of those artists that continuously puts out music that I can't help but love. I've never met a Train song that I've disliked. I especially like the multiple ways he kills this girl. It's great. Listen here!
8. Imagine Dragons - DemonsAnother catchy one, but it also is one of those songs that makes me feel like it was written just for me. Another one I sing at the top of my lungs. Click here to enjoy ;)
9. Bill Medley - (I've Had) The Time Of My LifeSweet little baby Jesus, I love this song, mostly because I am obsessed with Patrick Swayze's nose crinkle during the dancing number in dirty dancing, but also because it's sweet and lovey and makes me happy. For the last dance (& nose crinkle) click right here.
10. Tim McGraw - My Best FriendClassic. Even with his awful grammar and his awesome twang, it makes me happpppyy. Go listen aqui.



The Not so Good Ones
no links because I don't want to torture you.


1. Justin Bieber
Just everything by that shasta. Geez, I can't stand that guy or his weak excuse for music.
2. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Yes, it's catchy, and yes, I will sing it every time it comes on the radio, and probably many days after. But jeebs, it has the lyrical complexity of one of my four year old's songs, the music isn't great, and after four or five hours of it being stuck in your head, it grates. GRATES.
3. Rebecca Black - Friday
Obvious reasons.
4. Black Eyed Peas - My Humps
I'm sorry, but I just can't. I love the artists, hate hate hate the song.
5. Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
I literally felt my IQ dropping every second I listened to it.
6. Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark
I'm sure there was lovey intentions behind this, but honestly, it's just weird and depressing. I can recognize it by the first few bars of music and immediately change the station. I can't stand it.
7. Billy Ray Cyrus - Achey Breaky Heart & Achey Breaky 2
Really, the first was awful, adding mediocre rap to it just made it weird.
8. Sisqo - Thong Song
I didn't t it when I was younger. I don't get it and I'm older. I just don't... I don't know.
9. Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
It's just a dumb song. I'm really his venture out into music was short lived. Much better actor & comedian.
10. Mozella - Manhattan
"I don't care what you think... I'm moving to Manhattan." Good for you sweetie, I don't think there are many record companies there, so be my guest.

There you go, the ups and the downs of my playlists.
I have way more, but these are the ones that popped into my head first, so I guess they're the ones that my brain thinks are the best and worst. Let me clarify, though, they are in no particular order!
Let's all sing about hump day!
la la lauve you - B.

No comments:

Post a Comment