Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm So Boring

I wish I could tell you about my awesome weekend, but it mostly consisted of going to the drive in with the rugrats for Valentine's Day (we watched the Lego Movie, which I will admit, wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. The kids really liked it. The second feature was Winter's Tale, and I have to be honest, I didn't get it. My mom liked it, though.) Saturday we went to my mom's church to eat spaghetti and listen to really echo-y music (it was in a gym, terrible acoustics, so it was hard to understand. The bread was good though.) and Sunday, I waited a really long time for my little cousin's boyfriend + my little brother to change all the brake pads on my car, and spent it at Mema's house doing lots of puzzles and looking on Etsy for Rhys's birthday outfit, since that's in a month. Literally a month. Today my baby is eleven months old. WAHHHH. :'(
So, as you can tell, I'm super social and whatnot. Actually, not really, but whatever, I didn't have to work!
Yesterday, I knocked out my entire week's worth of work, picked up a pink eye baby and dropped her off with my awesome Mema, came back to work, and then folded a bunch of drape panels (oh, the glamour of working in the event business!) with Cody while he quizzed on music artists and I complained to him about the book he gave me on Friday. He was in a relatively good mood, so I got a few smiles and a little laughter, and I swear to sweet baby Jesus, an almost-compliment (because he doesn't have a soul, and doesn't actually compliment anyone.)
And, for the record, Cody agreed to the fact that I am less stupid than most people, and then said I am tolerable 80% of the time. It's like we're almost friends are something! :D
(I told him I was going to write about it in my diary, and my blog is the closest thing, so there you go, world wide web. Enjoy that sideways smiley face that he bet would be next to his almost compliment. Enjoy every second of it)
After tedious drape folding, good conversation, and a meeting with a pretty cool lady and her MAN of Honor, I ran to pick up my kids from daycare, went to Walmart to cash my check (curse government/bank holidays!) bought formula and a few other necessities (Like Sherlock Season 3) then ran to chick fil a to get the kids their chicken nuggets before sitting in a line at walgreens for an hour to pick up Xia's antibiotics (ear infection :( booooooo!) then going through the Taco Villa line to get Kyle a bunch of lettuce-less soft tacos. I finally went home to a sleeping baby on a sleeping brother, got the kids in bed, then immediately fell asleep myself. At 8. 8pm. I don't know what's wrong with me. I really don't.
And now, I just got back from lunch with two completely insane wackos that I call my my best friends, which is good. I could use some roomies when we all get towed away to the looney bin. I'm actually supposed to be in a meeting with a pretty high end bride, but she rescheduled, so I'm left with downtime. I could be pinning on the company's pinterest (pinterest.com/boydsevents) or playing with our facebook (facebook.com/boydseventswtx) or pestering people about submitting their monogram designs, but instead, I'm being completely useless. I shouldn't really even be paid for this twenty minutes of time of "blogging" and listening to my completely awesome Pandora station. But I'm still answering the phones and emails, so I think I'm doing just fine.
I think I might even have a date on Friday! :)
I think my next blog will be about the best and worst songs ever. It should be fun.

Stay crazy!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment