Thursday, April 17, 2014

Va Va Vroom

The last week has been exhausting and trying. I keep telling myself that God is testing my patience in my job. I love everything about what I do. I like my job. But sometimes the people I interact with are in bad moods, just like everyone. But the thing is, Reed, my boss, is OCD AND ADHD. Like. Legit, diagnosed crazynut. Which means, he says things, and tells me to do things, and then forgets that he told me, then gets angry that I did. Or I'll do it wrong. Or he'll think he told me to do something then get upset when he finds it undone... I've gotten in the habit of saying you probably told me... in your mind.
But, just like all other people, I have emotions, and I have an overwhelming need to be right. I always need to be right. There's no other option for me. Maybe I'm legit crazy like Reed.
However, arguing with an ocadhd 60 year old man who also signs my paychecks never ends well. I have to tell myself that he's wrong and shut up. Or else, he pulls the I'm your boss card. I don't like that card. I bristle at the thought of it.

Anyway, I've been at this job for 14 months. In the 14 months I have worked here, I've been at a 2 foot by 5 foot little table that Reed called a desk. He and Leslie both have nice sized L shaped desks and I whined my way through 9 months and in November, he bought me an L shaped desk, just like his, with a hutch, just like Leslie's. I was thrilled.
that was six months ago. My desk has been in a box for six months. Ask me why.
Okay, that was rhetorical, I'm going to tell you anyway.
Reed was unhappy with his desk's placement, but in order to move his desk, we would have to move everything.
So, I got my desk in November, and I bugged Reed about assembling it, and he said not until we moved the office around, because he didn't want to have to move two large and heavy desks when he could just wait and move one. I saw his logic.
So Cody and I measured the entire office and drew a to-scale model of it, which I started drawing floor plans, and one by one, Reed would tweak them.
Last month, I finally came up with one he liked.
So, we blocked out the week of Easter and ordered the drape.
Well, the last week, I have been dragging heavy furniture, and cleaning carpets.
Weird. I thought I worked at a desk, but I was going to get my big L desk, so I shut it and moved heavy stuff and cleaned carpets.
I also had a very large hutch fall on my leg (no bruise yet, but it is tender.)
I also got to point to Cody to set up drape walls. Because I was tired and he didn't help move heavy stuff. So the three of us get the entire office rearranged (Leslie, Cody and me)(Reed was physically perturbed at the sight of our unorganized office so he couldn't step in without having a panic attack)(Yes, seriously.)
so, yesterday I unpacked all six billion pieces of my desk and read through the entire manual, and then Reed called Leslie for an update, so she told him what I was doing. So he panics. And tells her I can't touch it or I'll break something or do something wrong and ruin the whole desk, and I have to put it all away. So, I being a 21 year old adult woman, did what comes naturally to me.
I hid in the bathroom while throwing a fit, then left and went shopping for my lunch break. Cody magically had my desk pieces put away when I got back, which was nice of him, or I may have started crying or something.
Strike one.
Then, after all was finished, picked up and put away, it was the big unveiling. And he came in, and he decided he hated the color of the drape we ordered. He thought it was too yellow to be an ivory.
Strike two.
Then, he starts telling me I'm going to have to take it all down and replace it with a white material that's too long, but will look prettier than this custardy muslin we have sectioning off the large office room, because it's ugly.
Strike three.
That's when I officially stopped caring.
Today he told me I made his meeting room too small and we were going to have to change everything and I just nodded and took a mental note to make Cody do that on Monday because I didn't care. I did all of this crap for my desk and I can't have it. I am pouting. Straight up pouting.

But you know what's making all of this okay?

I got my new car!!!! :)
                     










I'm thinking about calling him Quasi.
Like Quasimodo.
Like Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Except the Hatchback of Notre Dame.
Hah hah hah. I'm hilarious.
Yayyyy.

anywho. I'm off tomorrow.
:) hope all y'all have a happy Easter!!!!

<3 Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment