Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pimp-Mobile

So, the last week has been nuts. Friday, I had a sleepover with some of my besties, complete with alcohol, facials, pedicures, shots shots shots, impromptu pizza ordering and befriending the pizza delivery girl (who just found out she was pregnant, by the way.)



 Saturday, when we rolled out of bed/couch/floor mat (I got stuck with the floor mats, dang it.) I packed the kids up and went home, showered, and left my children with their stalker (Honestly, it's my mom's bff and she apparently misses my kids, since her kids are teenagers now and too cool for moms. You know how it is.) I went by the Nissan dealership to just talk about options to see if I could even qualify to buy a car (Shayne was bad with money, I figured my credit would be wrecked because of it) buuuuuut.... IT WASN'T! Actually, I have absolutely no credit, which is absolutely better than having bad credit. I ended up test driving some cars, falling in love with a cute little hatchback (2010 Pontiac Vibe) and signing some papers!
I will be picking it up next week.
Monday, I took off work, got a TEXAS driver's license (since I was still carrying around a Cali one) and got insurance on my Vibe
(okay, that's the worst name for a car ever. It's been decided. I can't even say it without feeling perverse) Then I went to the house so Grande could install my new internet, and while I waited, I read a book, called the elementary/magnet school down the street to get Xia entered (BECAUSE MY BABY IS GOING TO KINDERGARTEN NEXT YEAR) and figured out I missed the deadline, so I called main office, found out we have the ability to go to four different schools, then found out that the daycare my chillun go to now picks up from two of the four, then I called the two (because yes, that's really how my process of elimination works) and found out information about kindergarten roundup. Then I called my lawyer to find out when all the paperwork for the divorce was going to be finalized. Then Grande Brandon finished with my Grande Wifi and I went to the dealership and gave a copy of insurance to them, then picked up my chillun.
Tuesday (ahem, yesterday) I came to work, exhausted, and trudged through my day to get through two days worth of work. I climbed into my car and went on autopilot. I was three blocks away from my house when I had an "Oh shit" moment and realized I forgot to pick up the kids. Then I had another "oh shit" moment when I realized they were actually sitting in the back of my car... So we went home, enjoyed a good pb&j and watched some My Little Pony.
....
I cried at the episode when Twilight Sparkle got her princess wings.
I for real cried because it was just so beautiful and...
God, I was tired.
Then it was bedtime for the kids and Bones time for me...
and Netflix ran out of Bones.
I don't know what to do with my life.

I swear, it's been an emotional week.

This morning I woke up too late to shower (don't judge me, we've all been there) and so I threw my hair up in a bun and put excessive black eyeliner on my eyeholes.
This is a trick I like to call "please don't notice my oily hair, look at the black holes that are my eyes" technique. It usually works on men, and when girls see you, they just nod, because they know exactly what I'm doing.
Speaking of bun, I got the COOLEST things ever! I saw them on Pinterest and I was skeptical because they looked sketchy, but then I saw them in Dollar General for like, $2, and I figured I should try them out. They're everywhere, in different brands and different colors and everything, but if they weren't going to work, I wasn't going to spend six bucks on them.



THE SPIN PIN.
I just twisted Leslie's whole head of hair in to a bun and stuck one of these in that sucker and it is holding strong. Coolest things ever. I should buy up Midland's whole supply.

And on that note, I have to run.
143! Brittany.

No comments:

Post a Comment