Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I Accidentally Went On A Date With A Man in His Sixties

Hey now, for all of you that are freaking out about that title (ahem, Mema) I just want to point out that I did not purposefully date someone nearly three times my age. But the story makes me laugh.

So, tonight, I was meant to have a date to watch a movie called Crimson Peak. However, after purchasing tickets and getting half way through the line to get popcorn, my totally age appropriate date was unable to stay for personal reasons.
But, well, I had a sitter and the tickets were already paid for... So I stayed.

I bought my own popcorn & went to my seat. As I sat down, a man next to me turns to me and asks "Are you expecting company? I think I might have the wrong row."
I shrugged, and simply said "he couldn't make it in, so you're fine" and started watching the previews.
Apparently the conversation wasn't quite over.

He tells me, "His loss. My girlfriend wouldn't come. She watched the trailer and had to close her eyes!" And I said something along the lines of "oh, I didn't watch the trailer." That's when I suspected that I had made a gross mistake. I'm a pansy. I just saw the name "Tom Hiddleston" and said yes...

He says to me "ha! I asked my coworkers to come, and they both said no too, so I'm going it alone."
Oh dear, Christ. I should get up and leave now. But do I? No. No, I laugh! and I settle back into my chair.
He says "Man, I hope I don't scream. It's gonna be good though."
Shit. I make a mental note to watch every movie trailer I ever intend to see ever. Who cares about Tom Hiddleston and his beautiful face. I'm going to die in here.

The movie starts, and he talks through it, but not enough to be annoying. He comments on plot twists and chuckles every time I jump in my seat or gasp. It's great, feels like watching a movie with Kyle. Tylor & Mom are pansies like me.

I only tried to crawl out of my chair once.
But at the end of the movie, he says "Well, we didn't scream." And I laughed, and say "Oh, but I sure did try to run away." and this guy tells me "yeah, I noticed. But hey, thanks for being my date tonight darlin'. I have to watch a scary movie every year around Halloween to make sure I still got it in me."
And I'm thoroughly amused. I wanna be this guy when I grow up

I tell him as we walk out "Well, I'm gonna go home and watch a few hours of Disney princesses before I can go to sleep tonight." and he just laughs the entire way down the hall. He says "you got a good system there girl. Maybe I'll see ya next year."

and awkward Brittany waves and says "I sure hope so!"

I'm just that cool, ladies and gents.

PS. Here's that trailer, if you have no idea what I sat through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment